- Title: Little House in the Big Woods
- Author: Wilder, Laura Ingalls
- Illustrator: Garth Williams
- Format/binding: Hardcover
- Book condition: Near Fine in Very Good + original dust jacket
- Publisher: Harper & Row
- Place: New York
- Date published: 1953 (1932)
This copy was published in 1953 and this is the first release of the book with illustrations by Garth Williams. On the page adjacent to the title page it reads, “Newly illustrated, Uniform Edition printed 1953”, which it makes a sought out year by collectors. The book was first published in 1932 but because this is a special newly illustrated release, we placed this book under our “First Editions” list as well as our children’s section. This particular copy is in such good condition that it doesn’t seem like it has been read. Everything is very secure and tight. 238 pages
A favorite book for many to read with their kids at night, it would also make a great gift!
Little House in the Big Woods is a children’s novel by Laura Ingalls Wilder and was published in 1932. This book is the first of the series of books known as the Little House series. The Little House series (also known as “Laura Years”) is based on decades-old memories of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s early childhood in the Big Woods near Pepin, Wisconsin, in the late 19th century.
We want to be your favourite collectible book online bookstore, so we do some looking around to see if there are some good exact editions of this book for sale. Although we love our copy because it is in very fine condition, there are some other nice copies for sale by other sellers at a good price you may want to consider;
1. Click HERE to be directed to a very nice looking copy of Little House in the Big Woods 1953 Uniform Edition for only $26.27 US on Ebay. We think it looks like it is in nice shape, and we like the price! We suggest asking to see a picture of the binding without the dustjacket on.
* This sellers may have changed their price, sold or taken the ad down since we posted these, but we update our suggestions at least every month if our copy has not sold.